How to use a fire extinguisher?
1) You must bring the fire extinguishers at the base of the flame, even emptying the extinguisher off to ensure that it has gone completely and there is no danger that back on.
2) For a fire extinguisher to be effective must be used correctly. Although the timing is very complicated, think before acting, you will have only a few seconds and the abuse will serve only to empty the extinguisher and not solve the problem.
3) Pointing the aperture of the extinguisher at the call press then trigger it holding the extinguisher upright.
4) Move the fire extinguisher from left to right covering the whole area of the fire.
5) No fire fight to fire back, you should always keep an eye on the fire zone.
6) In the event that this were not enough, immediately leave the place where the fire and call the fire department. Do not risk your life.
For more information on various types of laboratory apparatus do visit again.